The NUST Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (NJSSH) values the invaluable relationship with its contributing authors and holds in high regard the personal information of our contribution and protection of their privacy. This policy utilizes different sets of tools therein and sets out the basis on which the NJSSH processes (i.e. collects, stores, and otherwise use) any personal information which our authors provide to us (or the data that we obtain about our authors from other sources).
Please read this policy carefully as it embeds the details about what our authors can expect from the NJSSH. In addition to the protection parameters set in place to ensure maximum privacy of the data received, the policy also cites our contact details in case our published authors and/or potential contributing authors feel the urge to question or raise concerns about how we at NJSSH handle personal data(s) of our authors.
Legal rights regarding data protection exist to protect our contributors against an institution’s mishandling of their private and personal information. It is important that as contributors to this journal, you must go through this privacy statement in order to understand how to exercise your rights with respect to NJSSH’s processing of your personal information.
Collection and Processing of Personal Information
Our contributors may provide us with personal information when they are:
- accessing the website of NJSSH, including information provided when registering on the NJSSH website, reporting any problem with the site, or requesting content or any other information from the editorial team; and
- corresponding with any member from the NJSSH team by post, telephone, or email.
NJSSH values its relationship with its contributors (all individuals, including authors, interacting with NJSSH) and holds in high regard to their personal information. NJSSH deems the protection of their privacy as one of its primary concerns. However, some information is meant for dissemination through publication. This includes, in addition to the short authors’ biographies provided at the time of manuscript submission, the names, email address (of the corresponding author), institutional affiliations, and subject specializations of the authors. We may also collect certain information about the contributing authors from any public domain. This applies to the information not provided by the authors themselves but is deemed necessary for the journal. In any such case, the respective author will immediately be notified by the editorial team. The authors reserve the right to object and withdraw from any further correspondence or processing.
The NJSSH digital portal collects technical information from the computer or any other device someone uses to access this website. For this purpose, cookies (small text files installed on the device) are used to give the users the best possible experience when visiting the website.
Authors’ rights to access their personal information
NJSSH acknowledges the rights of the authors pertaining to their personal information that the journal holds. These include:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, their personal information that NJSSH holds;
- to get any corrections or updating made to their personal information;
- to get their personal data erased from NJSSH database;
- to transmit their personal information to another data controller upon their request; and
- to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, to any of NJSSH particular processing activities where they feel this has a disproportionate impact on their rights.
Your acceptance of these terms: